A bit about O+

Why we breathe Oxygen Plus

 

Oxygen Plus (O+), the pioneers and leaders of portable recreational canned oxygen worldwide, is here for you any time you need a lift.

Watch this short video and see how and why we breathe Oxygen Plus.

FAQs

The cells of the human body can only create energy if they have oxygen. And they must create energy to function. Oxygen research has shown that breathing increased oxygen-content air improves cognitive performance, including memory and reaction time. Most people who have tried O+ report that they feel more alert and energetic after a few breaths of O+. They often use it whenever they want to feel an invigorating boost.

In its ability to provide your body with optimum oxygen levels, O+ oxygen may help you:

– Sustain energy and vitality
– Decrease stress
– Increase mental clarity and alertness
– Improve cognitive performance, including memory and reaction time
– Diminish exposure to polluted and stale air
– Alleviate the effects of jet lag
– Combat altitude problems
– Optimise athletic performance
– Help muscles recover faster from fatigue
– Clear the morning fog after a late night out

WHAT IS 95% PURE ENRICHED OXYGEN?

Under normal atmospheric conditions, ambient air contains 21% oxygen. That’s without considering the presence of compromised or polluted air. O+ products are enriched with a much higher concentration – 95% oxygen – more than four times the normal air we breathe. The other 5% in O+ oxygen products is ambient, everyday air.

O+ canisters flow gently with the easy push of a button. You may have to press the release valve on an O+ Mini or O+ Skinni more firmly on your first few hits. You may notice more oxygen flows out during the first few breaths than the last few breaths. To accommodate, simply increase the time you press down on the release valve and breathe in a little longer.

1. Exhale
2. With O+ in hand, press the release valve
3. Breathe in O+ through your mouth or nose
4. Three to five breaths usually do the trick – it just depends on what you’re up to

The benefits of supplemental oxygen have varying durations, depending on the individual and the benefit. The feeling of alertness and mental clarity has been shown to last several minutes. Often the “feelings” of using supplemental oxygen depend on what you’re doing, your starting blood oxygen level, and how well you are breathing, among other things.

Each person’s response to breathing enriched oxygen will be different. The O+ experience is not equivalent to an energy rush from a shot of caffeine or another energy stimulant. After a few breaths, you should feel invigorated — either a mental or physical boost or a sense of calm.

If you were to ascend to an elevation 3,000 feet or higher than your normal elevation, the effect of breathing O+ would be more noticeable, both physically and mentally. If you’re using O+ oxygen for intense exercise, you’ll likely find you perform better, feel stronger and more alert, and that you’ll have less exhaustion after working out.

If you’re not feeling the benefits of breathing O+, try taking more frequent, shorter breaths, and don’t hold the breath of oxygen in your lungs longer than you would when taking a normal deep breath. Note that your overall health and physicality, in addition to proper usage, play into how much O+ your body needs to feel the effects of breathing O+.

HOW OFTEN CAN I USE O+ PRODUCTS?

O+ can be used every day.

We recommend using O+ any time you may be experiencing depleted oxygen levels – i.e., at a higher elevation, during and after intense exercise, where air pollution and stale air are prevalent, after a late night out. Note that all Oxygen Plus products are for recreational, intermittent use only. Prolonged use is defined as uninterrupted intake for more than 8 hours. WARNING: Persons with any type of health or medical condition should consult their physician prior to use of products.

WHY SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT OXYGEN?

Your body is designed to function on 21% oxygen in the air you breathe. Polluted or stale air usually contains less than 21% oxygen, which can impede optimal functioning of your cells. Most importantly, your brain cells are the first affected, resulting in impaired reaction time and judgment. Since it is difficult to monitor atmospheric oxygen, we suggest trying a few quick breaths of O+ to help you feel mentally sharper, more alert and energetic.

IS IT SAFE?

O+ is safe for healthy people of all ages when using the product as directed. It is recommended that children use it with adult supervision. People with impaired heart or lung function or other medical conditions should consult with their physician prior to using O+ products. O+ products are for recreational, intermittent use only. Prolonged use is defined as uninterrupted intake for more than 8 hours.

ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?

There are no side effects when O+ products are used as directed.